Quantcast

29 mar 2011

IDM Runway !

Hello people, today I would like to share my experience from one of the main fashion platforms in Mexico the IDM (International Designers México)Runway in which I was hired during my season for CONTEMPO INTERNATIONAL MODEL MANAGEMENTThis runway was my very first job, it took place 4 days after my arrival in Mexico City, so I was lucky enough to start working for the very begining...a f*ckn'good start! 
I was not sure If they were going to hire me because I was the "new face", but since my personal booker made an appointment with the IDM's creator Manuel Vera, he saw my height and my runway then...BAAANG!! he made my life so much easier. He booked me two or three appointments with the head designer(s) I worked with during this platform! So I didn't have to tryout in castings....(yes I'm a lucky bastard). My first runway was COCOLAT Swimmwear and they picked me for the opening and closing, the other designer I worked for was Alejandro Carlin's LOLA DE ALEJANDRO MEXIQUE, I enjoyed this platform because I learned a lot, from the "Real world" since I studied fashion design, so this was to me a learning and growing experience!! Enjoy the pictures!! 


Traducción...
Hola a todos! hoy les quiero compartir mi experiencia en una de las plataformas mas importantes de moda en México, el IDM(International Designers México) para la que fui contratada durante la temporada que viví en la ciudad de México; trabajando para CONTEMPO INTERNATIONAL MODEL MANAGEMENTEstas pasarelas fueron mi primer trabajo desde que llegue, me tomó 4 días ser contratada la verdad super suertuda para ir empezando en otra ciudad ....no hubo mejor forma de empezar!!
No estaba segura de que me fueran a contratar así de rápido por ser "new face", pero desde que mi booker me sacó una cita con el creador de IDM Manuel Vera y vio mi altura y mi pasarela...BAAANG!! me hizo la vida súper fácil. Me mandó a dos que tres citas con los diseñadores de las marcas para las que trabaje durante esta plataforma, así que ni tuve que hacer castings (si, soy una suertuda!). Mi primer pasarela fue para COCOLAT Swimwear y me escogieron para abrir y cerrar el desfile, el otro diseñador para el que trabajé fue Alejandro Carlín para su firma LOLA DE ALEJANDRO MEXIQUE, disfruté esta plataforma por que aprendí muchisimo del mundo real, desde que estudié diseño de modas nadie te enseña en la escuela como le hacen para poder hacerlo así de profesional, así que para mí fue una experiencia de aprendizaje y crecimiento!! Disfruten las fotos!! 


Cheers!!! 
Mariana 


 The Book 


The Composite 


 Cocolat Swimwear


 Cocolat Swimwear


 LOLA DE ALEJANDRO MEXIQUE


LOLA DE ALEJANDRO MEXIQUE


 LOLA DE ALEJANDRO MEXIQUE


 LOLA DE ALEJANDRO MEXIQUE




Mariana M. Chico 
for
CONTEMPO MODEL MANAGEMENT